Position: Data Analyst – Specialist
Reporting to: Manager – Network Performance
Department: Technology Division
Reporting to the Manager Network Performance, the job holder will be required to leverage data for business benefit and provide actionable insight. This means understanding the data landscape, selecting the best tools to interrogate the data, and through manipulation and analysis, recognize the trends and patterns seen in order to deliver insight that provides business solutions.
- Automate complex, manual and error-prone processes.
- Generate on-demand reports for the business users.
- Training of users on the various tools developed
- Lead the process of data Collection
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Review reports and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Conduct data Collection from Vendor Tools – NETNUMEN, PRS, ENIQ
- BSC in Information Technology, computer science
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Technology
- Must have strong data analytical skills
- Visualization of tools like Power BI, or tableau tools desirable.
- Well conversant with windows and Linux server environments
- Should be familiar with project management processes such as budgeting and scheduling.
- Knowledge of Database management tools and usage ( Oracle, SQL)
- Scripting skills (VBA, Python..)
- Skilled in used of visualization tools ( Power BI, Tableau or Qlik Sense)
- Knowledge of Network OSS Tools such as PRS, U200, ENIQ and Netnumen a plus
- Conversant with NETNUMEN, PRS, ENIQ tools
- Strong planning, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
How to Apply
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants and to email@example.com for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 5th June 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.