Position: Resource Mobilization Officer
AATF wants to strengthen its Resource Mobilization (RM) efforts and is looking for a RM officer especially with agriculture proposal writing background to join the team.The officer will be required to contribute to the proposal development process that assures AATF is producing competitive and high quality proposals. This role will provide general document editing across the foundation. This is a national professional position.
Proposal Writing for grant opportunities and consultancy opportunities
- Coordinate proposal writing processes with input from technical teams
- Draft proposals with input from technical department ensuring donor compliance
- Advise proposal teams on donor requirements
- Review and edit proposal documents
- Monitor partner/donor reporting and grant expenditure deadlines; coordinate with the Director Resource Mobilization and Program Heads in responding to these deadlines while facilitating and participating in the preparation of quality financial and narrative reports to donors.
- Assist in developing a fund generation and resource mobilization work plan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan.
- This involves designing and writing materials for communications with different prospective donors and agencies
- Support in identifying funding opportunities, listing them and sharing the information with the Director, Resource Mobilization and Project Managers
AATF Consultancy Arm administrator
- Coordinate activities of the Consultancy Service;
- Market the Consultancy Service;
- Supervise, along with AATF Program Mangers, the outsourced consultants;
- Take Minutes at Consultancy Service Advisory Committee (CSAC) Meetings as well as any perform any administrative duties required for CSAC Meetings.
Internal RM Coordination and External Monitoring
- Coordinate with RM Champions and any liaisons persons in different countries
- Track and document proposal submissions, status and success rates and lessons learnt
- Develop status reports
- Assist in preparing power point presentations for donors and strategic partners
- Monitor key donor updates and opportunities
- Provide editing, typesetting proof-reading and related publication production services for the Foundation (print/Internet) ensuring maintenance of AATF style guide and brand. This includes board reports, press releases, publications
- Contribute to the conceptualisation of design of AATF publications and other awareness material
- Support design, selection of visual materials and acquisition of photographs
- Excellent skills and experience of proposal writing in the agricultural sector
- Consultancy experience the agricultural sector
- Demonstrated skills and experience in editing
- Experience in fundraising processes and donor relations
- Experience in writing, publishing and disseminating communication material
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Ability to use information technology effectively as a tool and resource as well as excellent skills in working with the Microsoft office package
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities to meet organizational goals
- Show initiative, be able to work effectively under pressure and independently and within a team
- Multi country and/or regional experience (Africa)
- Proposal budgeting experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to work effectively in complex team structure
- Initiative taker, self-motivation and a commitment to continuously work results oriented
- Agricultural Science knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage
- Master’s degree in Communications, Business Administration, Marketing, International Development or related field from a recognised university.
- At least 5 years of successful and diverse experience in Agricultural proposal development and donor relations for different countries in Africa. At least 3 years consultancy experience in the Agricultural field. Additional experience of general communication and editing is an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Knowledge of French is an advantage
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to log in to our website to obtain application details and to send their applications on or before 18 May 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must clearly indicate on the email subject Resource Mobilisation Officer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AATF is an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds and any other diversity groups to apply and become a part of our organization.