Title of the position: Project Administrator
Duration of the contract: 1 year (renewable)
Place of deployment: Kapenguria with field visit in West Pokot County
Name of the Project: Support for Resilience for Sustainable Livelihood in West Pokot County
CEFA – European Committee for Training and Agriculture (Comitato Europeo per la Formazione e l’Agricoltura) is an Italian NGO who has worked in Kenya since 1993 transiting through, Humanitarian response interventions, livelihood support, Food Security, Infrastructure Development, Agriculture and Rural Development, during the last 30 years.
Objectives and general characteristics of the position:
- The PA is in charge of the accounting management of the project.
- (S)he supports the Head of Finance and Administration (HFA) and Project Coordinator (PC) to ensure a proper financial management of the projects and management of assets and Human Resources.
- (S)he ensures a constant monitoring of financial expenditure against the project’s main budget, specific financial plans developed, and their adherence to CEFA and donor’s financial procedures.
Responsibilities and duties:
Book-keeping, Finance and Budgeting
- (S)he prepares the monthly cash and bank books for the assigned project.
- (S)he prepares and process all project related financial transactions into CEFA’s Accounting System (such as vouchers, requisitions, project budget revisions) and ensure the proper allocation of costs according to the information received by the project coordinators.
- (S)he performs monthly and routinely financial reconciliation (including discrepancies through the collection and analysis of financial and accounting data);
- (S)e support the Project Coordinators to manage and account for day-to-day cash inflows and outflows ensuring proper systems and procedures;
- (S)he prepares the payrolls and statutory deductions, in line with CEFA internal policies and local norms and legislations, to be submitted to the Head of accounting.
- (S)he manages the disbursement of petty cash, in line with CEFA’s internal policies and procedures and in coordination with the Regional Administrator and with the Project Manager;
- (S)he processes approved payments in line with the project budget and project regulations, having verified the necessary documentations;
- Provide administrative and financial support for the effective and efficient organization of project activities, such as field visits, missions, workshops, trainings, round-tables, conferences;
Human resources management, legal compliance
- · S(he) prepares and maintains staff files as per CEFA Policies.
- · S(he) prepares monthly payroll and pays salaries and consultancy fees.
- · S(he) ensures the preparation and remittance of statutory deductions for Office staff.
Purchasing and Logistics
- (S)he verifies that Payments due to Suppliers are in line with the approved procurement plan for the project and that the appropriate procedure has been followed.
- (S)he supports procurement procedures for the project according to CEFA’s and the donor’s internal policies and regulations, in liaison with the Procurement/Logistic officer and the Project Coordinator;
- (S)he ensures that the Inventory register for the project is up to date and all assets are properly tagged.
- (S)he ensures a constant monitoring of CEFA’s financial expenditure against the project’s main budget, specific financial plans developed and in line with the CEFA and donor’s financial procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or related fields;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Proficiency with MS Office (especially Excel);
- Knowledge of accounting software QuickBooks;
- Ability to work independently is a must.
- Master degree in a relevant field;
- Experience in West Pokot County;
- Experience with EU funded projects.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and cover letter, along with three (3) referees to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org, by 05.06/2020.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.