Tuesday, May 26, 2020 – Several city estates will experience water shortage for the next week according to a notice fromNairobi City Water and Sewerage Company.
The company revealed that the shortage is due to the damage on the Sasumua Dam following a landslide that occurred in Kieni Forest damaging a section of the main pipeline supplying water to Nairobi.
Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company said it was working with the Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation, and other agencies to ensure the situation is rectified.
“The repairs are in progress and it is expected that by 31st May 2020 the temporary reinstatement works will be completed,” read part of the statement from NCWSC.
See the estates that will be affected below.
1. Areas along Waiyaki Way, Naivasha road, Kangemi, Lavington, Westlands, Parklands, M.P. Shah Hospital, Agha Khan Hospital and ILRI, Upper hill, Kilimani.
2. Nairobi Hospital, Kenyatta National Hospital, and Community.
3. University of Nairobi main campus hall of residence, Upper and Lower Kabete campus, University of Nairobi and Kenyatta University Parklands law campuses.
4. Estates around the Kenyatta market, Kibera, Lang’ata, Jamhuri, Ngando, Riruta/ Satelite, Dagoretti Corner, Kawangware.
5. Areas along Langata, Madaraka Estate, Mbagathi, and Ngong road, Karen.
6. Loresho, Nyari, Kitisuru, Estates along Peponi Road, New Muthaiga, and Thigiri ridge areas.
The Kenyan DAILY POST.