Norwegian Refugee Council
Job Title: ICLA Assistant – Dadaab
Webcruiter ID: 4241238312
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines in relation to provision of information, counseling, legal assistance and referral activities.
- Provision of direct information services through Group information sessions by ICLA in Dadaab camp and coordination with partners on complementary services.
- Completing relevant M&E procedures for the documentation of ICLA beneficiaries
- Supporting the regular updating of IEC materials for dissemination
- Supporting the provision of internal referrals from other ICLA/NRC core competencies for refugees in need of counselling and legal assistance services.
- Preparation of client intake and case management forms for counseling and legal assistance services and ensure confidentiality of client data.
- Regular liaison with legal partners/legal aid providers on case management for ICLA beneficiaries.
- Preparation of referral forms for referrals to external partners and ICLA Somalia.
- Support the conducting of awareness raising, capacity building and training activities for communities, government officials and NGOs on ICLA thematic areas.
- Prepare and compile weekly, monthly and mid and end term reports.
- Supervise relevant NRC community staff supporting project activities.
- Participate in ICLA continuous assessments, mapping and investigation and supervise data collection during ICLA surveys and assessments
- Any other tasks as assigned by line manager.
- University degree in law, political science, social science or other relevant discipline. Diploma with experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years humanitarian experience with refugees/internally displaced persons (IDPs) at field level with an NGO or other international organization.
- Good understanding of the Dadaab context.
- Experience in reporting, client management, case studies and research.
- Knowledge on SSPS and other data management systems
- Experience from working as a Project Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong communication, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven skills in report writing
- Advanced computer skills; Word, Excel, Power point,
- Knowledge of English and knowledge of Somali is an asset
We can offer
Duty station: Dadaab
Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Application deadline: 08/06/2020
*Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position*