All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Application deadline: 08/06/2020
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council
Title: ICLA Assistant – Dadaab (Kenyan Nationals Only)
Employment type: Contract
Duties and responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines in relation to provision of information, counseling, legal assistance and referral activities.
- Provision of direct information services through Group information sessions by ICLA in Dadaab camp and coordination with partners on complementary services.
- Completing relevant M&E procedures for the documentation of ICLA beneficiaries
- Supporting the regular updating of IEC materials for dissemination
- Supporting the provision of internal referrals from other ICLA/NRC core competencies for refugees in need of counselling and legal assistance services.
- Preparation of client intake and case management forms for counseling and legal assistance services and ensure confidentiality of client data.
- Regular liaison with legal partners/legal aid providers on case management for ICLA beneficiaries.
- Preparation of referral forms for referrals to external partners and ICLA Somalia.
- Support the conducting of awareness raising, capacity building and training activities for communities, government officials and NGOs on ICLA thematic areas.
- Prepare and compile weekly, monthly and mid and end term reports.
- Supervise relevant NRC community staff supporting project activities.
- Participate in ICLA continuous assessments, mapping and investigation and supervise data collection during ICLA surveys and assessments
- Any other tasks as assigned by line manager.
- University degree in law, political science, social science or other relevant discipline. Diploma with experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years humanitarian experience with refugees/internally displaced persons (IDPs) at field level with an NGO or other international organization.
- Good understanding of the Dadaab context.
- Experience in reporting, client management, case studies and research.
- Knowledge on SSPS and other data management systems
- Experience from working as a Project Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong communi cation, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven skills in report writing
- Advanced computer skills; Word, Excel, Power point,
- Knowledge of English and knowledge of Somali is an asset
We Can Offer
Duty station: Dadaab
Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.
How To Apply
Apply for the ICLA Assistant Job here.
*Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position*