Wednesday May, 20, 2020 – Over the last one month, 10,000 families in Ruai and Kariobangi estates have lost their homes after President Uhuru Kenyatta ordered their eviction.
According to the Ministry of Water and Sanitation officials, the families were evicted to pave way for the expansion of Kariobangi and Ruai sewage lines.
President Uhuru Kenyatta is said to have ordered the demolitions so that he can benefit from a Sh 33 billion loan from World Bank.
Uhuru is constructing a Sh 500 billion city in Ruiru and if the Nairobi Metropolitan Sewage is expanded, it will be advantageous to him.
World Bank approved a Ksh 33 billion facility called Nairobi Metropolitan Services Improvement Project (NMSIP) in 2012, which had been instigated when Uhuru was the Finance Minister, specifically for the expansion of Sanitation Services in Nairobi City.
The Project loan facility is due to expire on September 30, 2020, after several extensions.
World Bank has refused to give a loan of Ksh 400 billion for Affordable Housing in Nairobi unless this project is done.
Impeccable sources say Uhuru’s lieutenant, David Murathe, has already lined up a company to do the project in return for kickbacks.
Murathe is said to have been heaping pressure on Water PS, Joseph lrungu, to push necessary approvals but the PS was slow prompting the transfer of CS Sicily Kariuki to the docket.
The Kenyan DAILY POST