Job Title: Help Desk Support Officer
Job Grade: Fixed Term
Department: Infrastructure and Engineering
Section / Unit: Infrastructure
Reports to: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- The Help Desk Support Officer will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software, responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, determines, and implements solution.
- He/she is expected to support projects within the Engineering Department.
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various office systems that include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment and software applications.
- Make recommendations for new equipment and services to be purchased and work with various vendors for procurement.
- Perform systems monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes.
- Train staff on how to use internal office systems including IP phones, WIFI etc.
- Maintenance and monitoring of computer networks and systems.
- Logging all user queries into the ticketing system.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Performing electrical safety checks on the company’s computer equipment.
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot network issues and any outages.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Operationalize different support models and generate runbook plans for remote support.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes/Skills)
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. LPIC, Red-hat RHCSA Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA, CISA) is a plus
- At least 2 years’ proven experience as a System’s Administrator, Network Administrator or a similar role
- Experience with postgres and mysql databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Experience with Zabbix monitoring technology.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl, or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms (Linux/Unix/Windows/MacOS)
Competencies and Attributes/Skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration i.e. configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, installing third-party software.
- Working knowledge of applications and network security, understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
- Ability to work well individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and pay close attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How To Apply
Deadline: 29th May, 2020