Our client is an investment and asset management company in Africa. They seek to recruit a highly experienced and visionary Financial Risk Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible in detecting and scrutinizing all possible risks that may end up impacting on an organization’s financial success and making recommendations to the management on measures that can help mitigate the business risks.
Title: Risk Manager – Financial Services
Industry: Asset Management/Investment Banking
Salary: 120k – 150k
- Anticipate and analyse prevailing market trends at any particular period and communicate the recommendations to the management.
- Develop risk management controls and systems
- Design processes to eliminate or mitigate potential risks
- Assess all related risks by conducting financial researches
- Calculate all risks related to business and transaction proposals as well as formulating contingency plans for the organization
- Recommend to the organization improvement precautionary measures
- Support the project management endeavours of the organization
- Proffer professional assistance and advice on related mathematical models that help the organization to valuate financial instruments, optimize problems, and model market behaviours
- Provide professional assistance to financial and economic team of the organization
- Guide the company regarding Asset and Liability management for end-to-end basis in areas like ALM operating model redesign and review, system implementation and policy review
- Establish and implement interest rate risk in liquidity and banking book risk system for end-to-end basis
- Contribute to the success of oral presentation regarding client’s needs and take part in efforts towards proposal development
- Build and maintain good relationship with all decision makers regarding key clients
- Practice and promote a culture of high-quality standards, integrity, and ethics across the Company.
- At least 4 years as risk manager in an investment company.
- Must have business-related Bachelor’s Degree
- A Post Graduate Qualification in a business-related field will be an added advantage;
- Possess relevant professional qualification(s) such as CPA or ACCA or CIA or CISA;
- Have a thorough understanding of the investment industry, board reporting, as well as demonstrable commercial and investment acumen.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Risk Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 19th May 2020.
Kindly indicate your current/last salary on your CV