Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Our Client, an award-winning social enterprise with a mission to improve energy access to millions of people in Africa who don’t have access to electricity is looking for an experienced Corporate Finance Officer to perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy.
Salary: 50K – 70K
You will work alongside Managing Director, other team members and take ownership of all company fiscal and regulatory matters.
You must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
You will be an excellent leader since all relative departments of the organization will be under your command.
- Drive the company’s financial planning, finance and accounting functions
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Work well with the Senior Management to develop the strategic plan
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Ensure compliance with the relevant laws, accounting standards and company’s policies
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems, monitoring cash balances, developing cash projection processes, and providing timely financial information and reports;
- Ensure timely, accurate and transparent financial reporting to key stakeholders and other partners as required;
- Oversee the production of cash flow reports, annual budget, and forecasts working effectively with Senior Management Team;
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with IFRS and all applicable laws and rules for financial and tax reporting;
- Develop financial and tax strategies, together with performance measures and monitoring systems that support the DGE’s strategic direction
- Support the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate;
- Oversee the management of the budget ensuring targets are met without exceeding budget allocations and develop procedures to measure cost effectiveness including variance reporting;
- Lead and develop all finance team (controllers, treasurers etc.).
Qualifications / Requirements
- 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow
- Must be able to demonstrate Credibility, integrity, honesty and attention to detail
- Excellent MS excel skills and a high level of written and oral communication skills, good writing in English is mandatory
- Experience in working with Quick Books Professional online would be useful
- The role would suit someone who is happy to roll their sleeves up and do transactional accounting whilst also be comfortable presenting financial reports
- Experience of off-grid solar businesses, retail, FMCG or agricultural products would be helpful as well as familiarity with M-PESA merchant services.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online OR through email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Corporate Finance Officer.
Deadline for application is 25.05.2020