Title of the position: Field Coordinator
Duration of the contract: 1 year (renewable)
Place of deployment: Kapenguria with field visit in West Pokot County and in Nairobi
Name of the Project: Support for Resilience for Sustainable Livelihood in West Pokot County
CEFA – European Committee for Training and Agriculture (Comitato Europeo per la Formazione e l’Agricoltura) is an Italian NGO who has worked in Kenya since 1993 transiting through, Humanitarian response interventions, livelihood support, Food Security, Infrastructure Development, Agriculture and Rural Development, during the last 30 years.
Brief about the project:
This project will contribute towards sustainably improve food security, nutrition and livelihoods and to build resilience among vulnerable households and their communities in West Pokot. This goal will be achieved by increasing targeted households’ incomes through improved agricultural production, diversified food availability and water infrastructures for irrigation.
The consortium is composed of 5 NGO; CEFA is in charge of 3 main components:
- Water component, which foresees the construction and/or rehabilitation of water infrastructures and the adoption of climate-smart technologies;
- Agriculture component, which foresees the improvement of the mango value chain and the implementation of a Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture program.
- Beekeeping component to improve honey production in the area.
Objectives and general characteristics of the position:
(S)he is responsible for the supervision of the implementation of all the activities related to the “Support for Resilience for Sustainable Livelihood in West Pokot County” project. The Field Coordinator is responsible for managing and planning the activities and for coordinating and ensuring the correct implementation of agricultural activities at field level. (S)he coordinates and supervises the work of the Agricultural Field Officers in the direct implementation of the activities foreseen by the project, providing technical support to the Livelihood Project Coordinator and contributing to the achievement of the program objectives and goals.
Responsibilities and duties:
- · Support the Livelihood Project Coordinator in planning and scheduling all the project’s activities;
- · Support and coordinate CEFA field staff in the different wards. In particular support the Agronomist and the Beekeeping Expert in the implementation of all the related activities;
- · Support the Project Coordinator in drafting budget for the activities;
- · Support planning and scheduling of training materials;
- · Prepare and update learning materials;
- · Assist and facilitate ToTs to project staff and trainings to the project beneficiaries;
- · Continuous follow-up with Field officers on training and agricultural activities;
- · Field visits to monitor the implementation of project activities;
- · Field assessments to contribute to the definition of the implementation strategies;
- · Motivate CEFA team in West Pokot;
- · Support the M&E of the project in organizing data collection exercises and draft of reports.
- · Any other activities that might be required.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business Administration or related fields;
- · Past working experience (at least 5 years) in agricultural programs in humanitarian/development sector;
- · Proven knowledge of West Pokot context;
- · Knowledge of English and Kiswahili;
- · Knowledge of Microsoft Office (excellent knowledge of Excel)
Desired skills and experiences:
- Master’s degree in a relevant related field;
- Experience with EU funded projects;
- Previous experience in West Pokot is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of Pokot language is an asset.
Responsible to: Livelihood Project Coordinator
How to applyTo apply please send your CV and cover letter, along with three (3) referees to the following email address: email@example.com with the subject line “Livelihood Field Coordinator – West Pokot”, by 01/06/2020. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.