Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Job Vacancy: Farm Assistant Supervisor
Job Category: Fresh produce and Extension services
Location: Machakos and other part of the County
Background and Job Description:
Eggpreneur is a non-profit working with rural farmers to improve their agribusiness production and offer sustainable agripreneur solutions. In order to expand our production and services, we seek a self-driven professional who share our vision and values to join this exciting and rewarding organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and success of the organization. Provide operational and produce management, extension service support to our community poultry project, monitoring and coordinating records with farm manager and other operations activities. He/She will be tasked with running day to day operations on animal and fresh produce, women farmers training and extension services.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To plan and manage the daily operation of demo farm and extension services.
- Manage our out grower women farmers and maintaining accurate records monitoring and timely communication.
- Provide quality poultry and mushroom care to demo Farm and extended farmers focusing on disease prevention, management and high production.
- Responsible for ensuring that efficient procurement, stock and inventory management practices are observed.
- Attendance at any off farm field days, discussions groups or further education as required for either personal or professional development as agreed on by management.
- Collect and maintain clients’ information and maintain accurate clients’ data
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma or certificate in horticulture management from a recognized institution
- At least one year working experience in horticulture or mushroom farm
- Experience in provision of on farm extension service, farmers training, poultry or mushroom production.
- Good communication skills (written & Oral) with the ability to express oneself clearly and offer an opinion and computer literate.
- High personal standards –discipline, loyalty, honesty and integrity
- Preferable to Ladies
- Motor Driving licence or motor cycle license will be added advantage.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as Possible
Compensation: Start Modest
How To Apply
Please forward a short cover letter and CV, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 6th June, 2020 to Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.