- Understanding, in depth, the business application systems used in the county. For example: IFMIS, LAIFOMS, ERP, Revenue Management System e.t.c;
- Installation of county application systems and rolling out upgrades of the same;
- Providing 1st level user support on county systems in respective stations;
- Creating user accounts and assigning adequate user authorizations in assigned stations;
- Taking backups in case of available interface in the application front end;
- Training identified staff on county systems usage and to maintain records and organize training in case of outsourced system support;
- To undertake advanced administration tasks as required e.g to support problem resolution/troubleshooting the systems;
- Ensuring that only approved business application and database management system software are installed on desktop computers and laptops as per approved application policy;
- Providing capacity planning, monitoring and maintenance of designated systems;
- Monitor system performance trends analysis on application systems;
- Monitor the performance of service providers for the outsourced county systems as per signed service level agreement and maintain records;
- To ensure that applications are a maintained in a manner that supports delivery of services to multiple platforms, resilience and performance;
- To ensure continuity of the business process supported by one or many applications;
- To support the development teams in deploying applications and solving problems;
- Work in collaboration with other technical staff in the department for problem resolution;
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in any of the following fields: Computer Science; Electrical/Electronics engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or other ICT related disciplines from a recognized Institution is an added advantage;
- The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with at least a C plain.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be signed, scanned and sent in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd May 2020. Do not attach copies of Certificates.
Please note that the Board will NOT receive applications in hard copies as a result of measures put in place by the Government of Kenya to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and indicate so in their applications.