DEPUTY DIRECTOR, LAND ADMINISTRATION – ONE (1) POST V/NO. 129/2020
Salary Scale: Ksh.98, 500- Ksh.166, 780 p.m. (CSG – 6)
House Allowance: Ksh.20, 000 – 50,000 p.m. (Depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.16, 000 p.m.
Leave Allowance: Ksh.10, 000 (once yearly)
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- have served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years and currently serving in the grade of Principal Land Administration Officer, CSG 8 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- have a Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: Land Economics, Land Administration, Geography, Agricultural Economics or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- be a member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (Land Administration and Management Chapter); and
- shown outstanding ability and competence to organize, control and co-ordinate land administration function in accordance with relevant statutes and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities will include: –
- coordinating and supervising key result areas which include planning, Boards, Development
Control and Research
- approving of development control applications,
- formulating and implementing policy matters on land administration,
- coordinating research on matters relating to strategic national projects and programs, settlement of squatters and the poor landless as well as titling programs of national interest;
- monitoring preparation of strategic plans and annual work plans, setting of performance
targets and staff performance appraisals.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offense to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th June 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).