Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Cost Accountant to conduct cost-benefit analyses, forecast future financial requirements and analyse full costing and full cost recovery across the Institute.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Liaise with different units for inputs to aid in consolidation of monthly management reports (institutional).
- Facilitate consolidation of internal reports and share sufficiently detailed accounts and analysis for senior management review and decision making.
- Prepare and analyse monthly support units reports and share with budget holders.
- Share status updates and other ad hoc reports depicting different performance areas – as and when required.
- Continuously review reporting processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Accurate costing and pooling of identical services together, identifying cost drivers and ensuring full charge/recovery by users.
- Ensure staff global costs are frequently updated with new employees, salary revisions and changes in benefits/allowances.
- Assess different costing approaches for suitability to the Institute’s business model and to ensure each unit/project pays its fair share of costs.
- Review incomes for selected units to ensure no recoveries are missed and liaising with unit heads to identify alternative recovery mechanisms.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis for different investment proposals and advise on suitability.
- Review all the existing cost pools and ensure they’re accurately costed. Identify/ review cost drivers and ensure monthly efficient recovery from all users of services.
- Frequently update budget templates with new recharge prices including staff global costs.
- Maintain an updated Product Listing for all Institute services, their cost basis, current prices, users and the unit providing the services.
- Continually monitor recoveries in all units and highlight all units that are not meeting expected targets. Provide assistance where needed.
- Actively support implementation of the ERP in the area of responsibility.
- Reviewing past performance records, understanding the present and analysing trends to come up with projections for the future.
- Developing different financial health indicators and doing comparisons/benchmarking with similar organizations.
- Manage data records and relevant databases in physical and soft copy forms;
- Provide additional support on demand to the clients of the unit;
- Build capacity within the department on all aspects of this job to ensure continuity;
- Help other unit members to learn and excel in their work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Full accounting qualifications – CPA (K) or ACCA.
- 6 years progressive practice in Accounting with experience in reporting and costing.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software required.
- Good computer and financial analysis skills.
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 14 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How To Apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now“ tab above before 1 June 2020. The position title and reference number REF: CS/05/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.