Location: Kilimani, Nairobi
Our client, a land & engineering survey, planning and GIS & digital mapping company, is recruiting a Business Administrator to join their team. Responsible for organizing the company’s day-to-day operations. Provide clerical support to managers and employees and coordinate all daily administrative activities. Should be able to ensure office policies and procedures run smoothly.
- Maintain proper documentation of client projects, files, reports and any hard copies.
- Manage office diary in regard to meetings, upcoming events registrations, appointments and communicating this on time to the Supervisor
- Respond to client emails and respond in a timely manner.
- Track inventory of company assets and condition of item when checked out and returned
- Conduct orientation of new employees.
- Make travel arrangements for employees.
- Book meetings and schedule important projects and activities
- Prepare meeting rooms and refreshments for clients
- Handle queries from clients on behalf of the field team
- Maintain office cleanliness in the office (windows, floors, utensils)
- Subscribe to digital newspapers and coordinate for hard copies when digital copies are not available.
- Order office stationery and supplies.
- Deliver and collect parcels.
- Print, copy and scan office documents
- Research, compile and accurately prepare tender documents in line with the requirements of the tender document.
- Deliver tender documents and attend tender opening meetings.
- Actively keep track of trends in the industry, sign up for events, exhibitions, meetings, networking forums and associations related to the industry.
- Seek to understand procurement procedures and financial calendars of projects by key institutions in the industry eg Government of Kenya, World Bank, UN, FAO, WHO etc
- Develop quotations for projects as requested by clients.
- Generate invoices and follow up on payments from clients.
- Ensure timely payment of service providers.
- Oversee and manage the department’s financial and budgetary activities.
- Track expenses and company expenditure to identify areas to cut costs and improve performance.
- Write, edit and publish engaging posts for various social networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Select appealing images and videos to complement text
- Update social media pages with compelling company news
- Respond to questions and comments on the company’s social media pages in a timely and accurate manner
- Minimum work experience of 3-4 years in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Sociology and any other related field
- Experience in office operations
- Business development skills
- Technical skills e.g survey data analysis and business intelligence.
- Management skills (budgeting, business knowledge and people management)
- Proficient is MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Decision making
- Negotiation, persuasion and teamwork
- People management
How To Apply
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 22nd May 2020
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.