Kenya Medical Research Institute is a government agency established by an act of parliament and woks in collaboration with US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and other partners in human health research. The Institute has an opportunity in the following
POSITION: Administrative Officer KMR 6 (1 position)
Reports to: Head of Accounts, CGHR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized
institution with specialization in Finance or Accounts.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in finance, accounting and administration.
- Knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial and human resources policies and procedures.
- High level of proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Good interpersonal, decision making and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational, office and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and take initiatives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage complex assignments, plan and monitor budget expenditures
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with various sections on activities related to COAg budgets for new funding, preparation and
submissions of budgets, progress reports and forecasting future resource needs.
- Track COAg expenditure and prepare and submit reports to management, partners and donors
- Manage COAg office and maintenance expenses, track and highlight concerns
- Liaise with Human Resource on personnel costs.
- Any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor
How To Apply
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Certificates, or Transcripts
- Certificate of good conduct
- KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one year renewable contract with probation for the first 3 months. Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through
Applications are due no later than: May 7, 2020