WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products · Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country · Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our administrative team keeps Moko’s office running smoothly so that we can deliver on our customer’s dreams. From supporting hiring of new team members to ensuring smooth people operations, Administrative Assistants run the processes that drive our day to day business. You’ll work closely with members of our management team, making this a great development opportunity for anyone early in their administration, HR or accounting career.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
- Administrative Assistants can take on a wide range of responsibilities, we tailor responsibilities to a team member’s specific skills.
- For this specific position, we’re looking for someone with training and/or experience in HR and accounting, and their main responsibilities will be:
Find and support talent
- Support the production team in hiring of casuals
- Support the talent team in sending out correspondence for new/prospective hires
- Support managers in sending out correspondence related to disciplinary action
- Act as the finance liaison on matters relating to the production team’s employment issues. This would involve receiving and auditing the working hours submitted on a weekly basis, calculating overtime, allowances, deductions and forwarding these to payroll processing
- Handle queries relating to pay calculations arising from the production and operations teams
Lay the foundation of accurate and updated databases
- Filing of statutory returns and follow up to ensure these are updated in each statutory body’s respective database
- Keeping the team database updated
- Ensuring accurate data entry relating to working hours in the production team
- Computing leave balances for all employees
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have training and experience (at least 1 year) in HR and accounting
- You enjoy working on multiple diverse projects and tasks simultaneously
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you can plan and organize your work around specific goals
- You have the skills to implement administrative processes within a team, and value the structure and predictability they bring
- You can troubleshoot problems and offer ideas about viable solutions
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing company is a big plus
How To Apply
Visit moko.co.ke/careers to apply online/ Apply Here- All Positions