Health Strat is an indigenous public health organization specializing in designing and implementing innovative health systems solutions.
Health Strat implements donor funded programs in HIV/TB/RMNCAH/FP at both national and county levels.
We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified individuals for the below key positions for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV service delivery project in Kenya.
These positions will be based in Nairobi, Coast and Western regions of Kenya.
Recruitment and selection of the final applicants is subject to USAID approval.
Director of Finance & Administration
Role & Purpose: Reporting to the COP, the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) will ensure timely and accurate financial and administrative management and reporting to the donor and project team. S/he will be responsible for the oversight of budgeting, monitoring and performance of the project.
The DFA will also ensure financial systems and reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow USAID rules and regulations. S/he will provide capacity building, coaching and mentoring of finance staff and partners, by developing learning activities and materials to support capacity building.
- Ensure sound financial policies and procedures are in place for proper management of project resources in compliance with USAID rules and regulations
- Ensure timely and accurate financial and administrative reporting of the project compliant with USAID rules and regulations, and terms and conditions of the award
- Maintain and administer a financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of financial operations and prepare monthly reports
- Oversee project’s day-to-day cash needs, payments, reviewing/processing invoices, operation systems travel and logistics while ensuring cost efficiency.
- Maintain an asset register.
- Provide guidance to project team members regarding the financial requirements of the project and office operations in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Lead the development, monitoring, and review of project budgets; conduct monthly financial analysis and budget vs. expense reports to determine reasonableness of variances and take appropriate actions, as required in consultation with COP.
- Facilitate the work of internal and external audits and ensure that financial records are properly maintained and readily available during audits.
- Ensure that USAID resources are appropriately directed to project priorities and are in line with project work plans.
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of finance and administration staff.
- Ensure that human resources and administrative policies and procedures are in place for the project and staff are in compliance.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or relevant field preferred.
- CPAK or its equivalent
Experience & Skills:
- At least eight years of experience in financial management for large complex projects.
- Strong financial and operational management experience, implementing finance and accounting policies and procedures with proven management skills in managing a donor funded grants project.
- Experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting.
- Experience providing financial planning and management, human resources and procurement for projects.
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and support staff
- Knowledge of USG cost principles, including USAID regulations, GAAP accounting rules
- Demonstrated experience organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Demonstrated experience leading a capacity-building approach for sub awardees, providing capacity building assistance at individual and organizational levels.
- Subcontract or sub agreement financial management experience.
- Knowledge of financing mechanisms – contracts and grants and their relevant terms and conditions.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills including excellent verbal, written, and presentation skill.
- In depth knowledge financial software applications, databases and spreadsheets.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to email@example.com by May 27, 2020.
Candidates are required to indicate the position title & the location of interest on the subject line of the email when applying e.g. “Chief of Party, Nairobi Region”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.