Job Title: Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Manager
- Participating in daily transactions (e.g. accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations).
- Participating in tax audits and payroll for the SBU, s given.
- Preparing budget reports.
- Ensuring petty Cash Reconciliations and Supplier Statements Reconciliations.
- To Participate in Stock take of items on a Weekly and Monthly basis and give a report.
- To Cross check on Invoices and ensure what has been ordered is exactly what is needed and what gets delivered is accurate.
- To manage all the assets and maintain an Asset Register that is managed and updated monthly and as per new assets. Assets Management to include asset Audit and reporting.
- To Review Vouchers including Petty Cash Vouchers before payments are made.
- Participate in regular tax audits and General Audits for the SBU’s.
- Prepare budgeting reports and forecast revenues
- Manage month-end and year-end closing.
- Monitor the performance of the accounting units for the SBU.
- Organize financial data into useable information and maintain updated records
- Establish accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company’s targets
- Ensure Compliance with the law.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Communicate with Finance Manager on any arising issues.
- A degree or Diploma Holder Bcomm Finance or Business Administration.
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Officer.
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. Quick Books )
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets)
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting certification (e.g. CPA 1 to 3)
How To Apply
Kindly Apply to email@example.com Please send the application by End of the week 29th May 2020.