Job title: Accountant – Law Firm
Salary: 45k – 50k
Our client is a well-established law firm located in Nairobi. They seek to hire a competent accountant who will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of the necessary systems and controls to safeguard the company’s assets and maintain the integrity of its financial data and operations.
- Manage all day to day accounting operations of the business ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly financial reports, management reports & accounts company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
- Ensure that the company’s financial and accounting policies are implemented correctly.
- Provide feedback on company policies and procedures, and constantly look out for potential changes that could improve operational efficiency, reduce costs or improve cash flow management. Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Ensure the integrity of the financial data in the accounting software.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate the risk of fraud or
- Analyze transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
- Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Kenya. Engage third parties to provide assistance as and when necessary.
- Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
- Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Senior Management for review and sign off.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related course.
- Must have minimum 3 years’ experience working a busy accounts office
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement
- Must be well versed with Bank and Nominal ledger reconciliations, Statutory payments and filing of various tax returns, Payroll procedures and be familiar with at least one accounting software
- Ability to advise critically and appraise policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Must uphold confidentiality, be tactful, and proactive.
- Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity.
- Able to lead, motivate and bring the best out of a team of professionals.
How To Apply If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – Law Firm) to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Monday 25th May 2020.