JG ‘K’ (6 POSTS) Ref. : KSM/CPSB/2020/029
Terms of service: Three (3) years’ Contract
Reporting to the Chief Physical Planner; the officer at this level will be responsible for;
- Advising stakeholders and clients on all technical matters related to planning and development control within the county;
- Receiving and vetting development applications;
- Participating in preparation of local physical and Land use Plans under the supervision of the county director;
- Undertaking feasibility studies on physical, social, economic and environmental characteristic of land;
- Implementing physical and land use plans and policies within the county;
- Maintaining physical planning records;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have a bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:-Urban & Regional Planning, Urban Planning, Town Planning or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized university
- Be a graduate member of Kenya Institute of Planners (KIP), Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter) or County Planners Association of Kenya (TCPAK)
- Proficiency in Geographic Information System, Auto-card proficiency
- Meet the requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be signed, scanned and sent in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd May 2020. Do not attach copies of Certificates.
Please note that the Board will NOT receive applications in hard copies as a result of measures put in place by the Government of Kenya to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and indicate so in their applications.