Position: Records Management Officer
Job Group CPSB 10 (5 Post)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 30,170 x 1,260 – 31,430 x 1,330 – 32,760 x 1,380 – 34,140 x 1,460 – 35,600 x 1,470 – 37,070 x 1,470 – 38,540 x 1,520 – 40,060 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring security of files and documents.
- Renewing file covers
- Ensuring proper handling of documents.
- Pending correspondence and bring-ups
- Receiving and dispatching letters and maintaining related registers.
- Preparing disposal schedules and disposing dead files in accordance with relevant Government regulations.
- Supervising the management of records at the Ward and level and further to the Community Area for appropriate referencing;
- Conduct scanning functions of records and upload onto the ERP platform for universal access; and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Science/Library Sciences/ Record Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University;
- Diploma in ICT with a bias in record keeping from a recognized institution will be added advantage;
- Shown outstanding professional competence and administrative ability in the management of record functions.
Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers option on the County Website and fill the application form.
N/B: No hard copy applications will be received.
All applications should reach this office on or before 29th May 2020 at 5.00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.