Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established in Kenya in 1979 through the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, Cap 250 of the Laws of Kenya and as currently established and dully accredited to continue to operate as such under the Science Technology and Innovation Act, 2013 as the national body responsible for carrying out research in human health in Kenya. KEMRI’s vision is “to be a leading centre of excellence in human health research” and its mission is “to improve human health and quality of life through research, capacity building and service delivery”.
KEMRI seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions: –
Terms of Service: The appointment is on permanent and pensionable terms.
JOB GROUP: KMR 6
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre for graduate employees. An officer at this level will
work under guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
- Assist in the implementation of research projects and/or supervising designated aspects of the work;
- Assist in carrying out fieldwork and laboratory experimental procedures;
- Assisting in organization of the internal scientific seminars;
- Carry out experimental and/or developmental work under the supervision of a Senior Research Scientist or Assistant Principal Research Scientist;
- Assist in the interpretation and validation of results;
- Guiding visiting scientific students /students on attachment
- Assisting in maintaining the scientific laboratory in good working condition; and
- In consultation with Senior Technologist, ensuring that all chemicals, reagents and consumables are properly stored in the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines :- Biomedical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Public Health, any relevant Social Science, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competences
- Planning skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
How To Apply
The following will be required during the interviews: –
- Certificate of good conduct,
- Higher Education Loans Board compliance certificate,
- KRA Tax compliance certificate,
- Credit Reference Bureau clearance certificate,
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance.
Kindly attach your
- cover letter,
- copies of certified academic and professional certificates,
- testimonials and other relevant documents.
All the applications to be done through http://www.kemri.org on or before 18th May 2020 by 5.00 p.m