Animal Health Assistant
Job Group CPSB 12 (36 Posts)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 21,500 x 1,000 – 22,500 x 1,030 – 23,530 x 1,050 – 24,580 x 1,070 – 25,650 x 1,080 – 26,730 x 1,110 – 27,840 x 1,130 – 28,970 p.m.
This is entry and training grade for certificate holders. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer. Specific duties will entail:-
- Carrying out simple treatment of animals;
- Participating in disease search and reporting;
- Demonstrating on milking techniques and external parasite control techniques such as dipping, spraying and dusting;
- Carrying out vaccination;
- Undertaking closed castration, dehorning, de-worming, disbudding, docking, debeaking and hoof trimming; and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Have a Certificate lasting not less than two (2) years in any of the following disciplines: Animal Health or Animal Health and Production from a recognized institution;
- Be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board; and
- Have a Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution;
Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers option on the County Website and fill the application form.
N/B: No hard copy applications will be received.
All applications should reach this office on or before 29th May 2020 at 5.00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.