Position: Records Management Officer
Job Group CPSB 09 (3 Posts)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 37,070 x 1,470 – 38,540 x 1,520 – 40,060 x 1,710 – 41,770 x 1,910 – 43,680 x 2,000 – 45,680 x 2,100 – 47,780 x 2,170 – 49,950 p.m.
An Officer at this level shall be deployed at the Department headquarters of the County. The specific duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- ensuring that letters are appropriately filed and marked for action officers;
- Controlling and opening of files and updating of file indexes;
- Ensuring security of information/ files in the registry;
- Updating and maintaining up to date file movement records and ascertaining the general cleanliness of the registry;
- Supervise other staff working with them;
- Scanning documents onto any other platforms provided and being used in the County ( In this case ERP); and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Science/Library Sciences/ Record Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University;
- Diploma in ICT with a bias in record keeping from a recognized institution will be added advantage;
- Relevant working experience in the public/private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years; and
- Shown outstanding professional competence and administrative ability in the management of record functions.
Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers option on the County Website and fill the application form.
N/B: No hard copy applications will be received.
All applications should reach this office on or before 29th May 2020 at 5.00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.