Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
- Gross monthly Salary: Kshs. 400,000- Kshs 540,000 (plus other benefits as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission)
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- hold a degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- have proven knowledge and experience in any of the following fields
- Political science;
- Governance; or
- Public Administration;
- have at least ten (10) years post qualification experience in the relevant areas of expertise; and
- have high moral character and integrity and has satisfied the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Functions of the Assistant Registrar:
The Assistant Registrar shall deputize the Registrar of Political Parties in the following duties and responsibilities:
- register, regulate, monitor, investigate and supervise political parties to ensure compliance with Political Parties Act, 2011;
- administer the Fund;
- ensure publication of audited annual accounts of political parties;
- verify and make publicly available the list of all members of political parties;
- maintain a register of political parties and the symbols of the political parties;
- ensure and verify that no person is a member of more than one political party and notify the Commission of his findings; and
- investigate complaints received under Political Parties Act, 2011.
- A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a Registrar or Assistant Registrar if the person has, at any time within the preceding five years, held office or stood for election as a Member of Parliament or a county assembly or as a member of a governing body of a political party;
- The Registrar and Assistant Registrars shall serve for a non-renewable term of six (6) years and shall not be eligible for re-appointment;
- The office of the Registrar shall be a State Office within the meaning of Article 260 of the Constitution.
- All shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain clearance certificates from:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Criminal Investigations Department (CID); and
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureaus;
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Names of all applicants and the interview schedule of those shortlisted shall be published in the Commission website http://www.publicservice.go.ke after the closure of the advert.
HOW TO APPLY
Manual applications should be clearly marked “Application for Registrar of Political Parties” OR “Application for Assistant Registrar of Political Parties” and addressed to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O BOX 30095 -00100
Applications may be posted to OR hand delivered and signed for at the Commission Secretary’s Office on 4th Floor, Commission House, off Harambee Avenue.
Each application should be accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae (CV), a copy of the National Identity Card, and certified copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications together with supporting documents may also submitted online to: email@example.com so as to reach the Commission on or before 21st May 2020.
NB. This advertisement can also be accessed on the Commission’s website. http://www.publicservice.go.ke