REGISTRATION OFFICER II – ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY (150) POSTS- V/NO.110/2020
Salary Scale: Ksh.30,170 – 40,060 p.m. (CSG – 11)
House Allowance: Ksh.4,200 – 10,000 p.m (depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.4,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance: Ksh.4,000 (once yearly)
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
- For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a Bachelors degree in any of the following Social Science disciplines: Sociology, Economics, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Population Studies, Anthropology, Communication Journalism, Public Relations, Public Administration/Government from a university recognized in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under guidance and supervision of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- attending to enquiries on matters relating to issuance of National Identity Cards;
- advising applicants on requirements for various registration services;
- receiving and scrutinizing applications for registration and registration record;
- detecting and preventing illegal registration;
- issuing application forms for duplicate identity cards;
- sorting and filing processed identity cards; and
- compiling simple reports on registration of persons.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 2nd June 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).