ASSISTANT HEALTH RECORDS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
OFFICER III (CSG 12) – EIGHT (8) POSTS-NO.89/2020
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate of Registration from Association of Medical Records Officers’ Kenya (AMRO-K).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- receiving and documenting patients at hospital reception;
- registering and booking appointment for patients to clinics and consultants;
- storing and retrieving medical records documents;
- preparing clinics;
- updating bed bureau;
- editing of patient case records;
- gathering data from different sources;
- capturing data from service points;
- maintaining record safety and confidentiality;
- storing and retrieving medical records;
- balancing daily bed returns;
- creating and maintaining master index;
- updating patient master index; directing patients to relevant clinics;
- scheduling of patients to the consultants and speciality clinics; and
- assigning codes to diseases and surgical procedures according to the International Classification of Diseases and Procedures in Medicine.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke so as to reach the Commission on or before 20th May 2020 at 5.00 p.m.