ONE (1) POST V/NO. 9/2020
Salary Scale: Ksh.46,980- Ksh.63,090 p.m. BAC ‘7’
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Requirements for Appointment: –
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have; –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) mean grade C-or recognized equivalent qualification with at least a C- in either Mathematics, English or Kiswahili;
- Diploma in Library Studies or Information Science or their recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution; and
- Certificate in Computer application skills.
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Receive stamp and record incoming information materials through accessioning for ownership and security purposes;
- Shelve information materials by class numbers for easy retrieval by the client;
- Operate Current Awareness Services (CAS) through display of new arrivals and circulation of periodicals to abreast the patrons;
- Charge and discharge library by library management system for dissemination of information to users;
- Paste due date labels for stamping due date during circulation process for a clear reminder to the patrons on the return date;
- Answer routine inquiries, and refer patrons in need of professional assistance to librarians for customer satisfaction;
- Ensure compliance with due dates by checking due dates for equitable sharing of information resources by patrons;
- Prepare and paste book pockets by gluing them on information materials to hold slips;
- Issue reminders to patrons with overdue material through reminders for accountability, equitable sharing of resources and avoid hoarding of information materials; and
- Implement documentation by filling of library catalogue for easy retrieval of information resources.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to apply to the: –
Bukura Agricultural College,
P.O Box 23-50105
- Applicants should attach certificates, Curriculum Vitae and cover letter quoting the position and the reference Number on the envelope. It is an offence to give incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and Clearance certificates during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Bukura Agricultural College is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Applications should reach the College on or before 29th May, 2020 latest 5.00 pm
(East African Time)