Title: Internal Auditor
Industry: Asset Management/Investment Banking,
Salary: 120k – 150k,
Our client is an asset management company in Africa. They seek to recruit a dynamic and visionary professional to join the team as the Internal Auditor. The successful candidate will be tasked with improving the company’s overall operations, with specific emphasis on the effectiveness of audit management, control and corporate governance processes to drive profitable growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the annual audit work plan that reflects the institution’s highest risks that will be monitored by the audit function as determined by conducting a mandatory annual risk assessment using an enterprise wide approach;
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the audit work plan;
- Provide an annual holistic opinion on the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management, control, and governance processes and ensure that risk assessment is done at least annually;
- Establish risk-based audit plans to set out the priorities of the internal audit function, consistent with the organizational objectives;
- Report to the Board on a regular basis on the progress of implementation, and advise the Board and senior management in establishing methods to improve efficiency and quality of services, and to reduce the vulnerability to fraud;
- Coordinate internal auditing activities and plans with other internal and external providers of assurance and consulting activities to ensure proper coverage and minimize duplication of effort;
- Communicate plan of engagements and resource requirements for the internal audit function, including significant interim changes to the audit committee.
- Ensure timely completion of internal auditing engagements and reports are provided to the Audit & Risk Committee with minimum delay;
- Review policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retaliation;
- Review the implementation of Board Audit and Risk recommendations and report back to the management
- Practice and promote a culture of high-quality standards, integrity and ethics across the Company.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have business related Bachelor’s Degree
- A Post Graduate Qualification in a business-related field will be an added advantage;
- Must possess relevant professional qualification(s) such as CPA or ACCA or CIA or CISA;
- Must be a member of ICPAK;
- Have knowledge and relevant work experience of not less than four (4) years
- Have thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board reporting, as well as demonstrable commercial and investment acumen;
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Internal Auditor) to email@example.com on or before Friday 15th May 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV