The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established in Kenya in 1979 through the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, Cap 250 of the Laws of Kenya and as currently established and dully accredited to continue to operate as such under the Science Technology and Innovation Act, 2013 as the national body responsible for carrying out research in human health in Kenya. KEMRI’s vision is “to be a leading centre of excellence in human health research” and its mission is “to improve human health and quality of life through research, capacity building and service delivery”.
KEMRI seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions: –
Terms of Service: The appointment is on permanent and pensionable terms.
Position: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (3 Positions)
JOB GROUP: KMR 5
The duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Examining payment vouchers and post in vote book/budget control records;
- Processing imprests, advances and other disbursements and remit statutory deductions;
- Making petty cash payments and maintain petty cashbook;
- Providing safe custody of accounting records, documents and assets;
- Maintaining imprest ledger and follow up on surrender of imprest;
- Undertaking bank deposits, dispatch of cheques and cash withdrawal ; and
- Safe custody of Institute records and assets under his/her jurisdiction.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Have a minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Be CPA (K) or its equivalent;
- Be a member of ICPAK and in good standing;
- Supervisory course lasting not less two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have proficient in computer application skills:
- Demonstrated work performance and results; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Planning skills;
- Ethical and integrity.
- Analytical skills.
- Communication and reporting skills.
How To Apply
The following will be required during the interviews: –
- Certificate of good conduct,
- Higher Education Loans Board compliance certificate,
- KRA Tax compliance certificate,
- Credit Reference Bureau clearance certificate,
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance.
Kindly attach your
- cover letter,
- copies of certified academic and professional certificates,
- testimonials and other relevant documents.
All the applications to be done through http://www.kemri.org on or before 18th May 2020 by 5.00 p.m.