Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Position: Fingerprint Officer II
No of Positions: 100
Salary Scale: Ksh.30,170 – 40,060 p.m. (CSG – 11)
House Allowance: Ksh.4,200 – 10,000 p.m (Depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.4,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance: Ksh.4,000 (once yearly)
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- recording fingerprint impressions and digital scan images;
- classifying fingerprint impressions;
- comparing plain fingerprint impressions against rolled fingerprint impressions to confirm correct natural sequences;
- scanning recorded fingerprint impressions; and
- filing classified fingerprints for reference.
- For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- have a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Forensic Science, Criminology, Security and Disaster Management, Information Science, Information Communication Technology, Anthropology, Library and Archival Science, Sociology, Psychology, Government/Political Science, Community Development, Conflict Management, Development Studies, Cultural Studies or Communication from a University recognized in Kenya; and
- be of good eyesight.
How to apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 2nd June 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).